We provide advice and representation for people in many matters where the law may touch upon their lives. Our advice is always realistic and pragmatic. In many instances we will look at settlement and negotiation before we resort to litigation.
Please click on a heading to see a more detailed list of our services.
Local Government, Planning and Environmental Law
- Assistance with and advice on all aspects of the development process including Development Applications; statement of environmental effects; zoning and re-zoning; gateway applications; LEPs and DCPs; State Policies; section 82A reviews by Council; appeals to the Court.
- Representation before Council, JRPP and other decision making bodies; representation in the Land and Environment Court including class 1 development appeals, miscellaneous appeals and tree applications.
- Representation and advice in relation to all environmental offences and enforcement proceedings taken in the Court.
- Valuation matters and appeals;
- Advice on all aspects of the Local Government Act and Environmental Planning and Assessment Act.
- Advice and representation for people objecting to development applications.
- Representation in Criminal appeals to the Land and Environment Court from the Local Court.
- Representation in parking infringement matters and matters contesting Council penalty notices.
Conveyancing and property law
- Buying and selling property
- Creation of covenants, easements and rights of way
- Creation and lifting of caveats
- Advice and representation in the NCAT
- Leases and licences
Family law – representation and advice in all matters, including:
- Children and Parenting
- Binding financial agreements and consent Orders
- Spousal maintenance
- Enforcement and Contravention proceedings and Orders
- Child recovery
- Hague convention and child abduction matters
- Child maintenance
- Divorce and nullity
- Applications to amend or change Orders
- Family Court of Australia and Federal Circuit Court
Criminal law and Traffic law
- Domestic violence matters
- All indictable offences including murder
- Commonwealth matters including Criminal Code and Crimes Act 1914 matters
- Customs and Australian Taxation Office prosecutions
- Local Court advocacy including committal hearings
- District Court advocacy in Sentences and Appeals
- Fraud offences including Centrelink offences
- Drink driving and drug driving offences
- ICAC hearings and Commissions of Inquiry
Apprehended Violence Orders
- Appearing for defendants in police initiated AVOs
- Appearing for defendants and applicants in Apprehended (Personal) Violence Orders (sometimes known as “private AVOs”)
Wills, probate and estates
- Advising on and drafting of wills
- Probate applications
- Family provision claims
Commercial Law and Commercial Litigation
- Debt recovery
- Drafting and enforcing contracts
- Advising on contractual and general commercial disputes
- Advice and representation in winding up applications and bankruptcy
Please note that we have panel arrangements with the Legal Aid Commission in Criminal, Family and Civil law. However, if you think you may be eligible for legal aid, we recommend that you first contact Legal Aid NSW.